 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2581
2580  |  2582
Subject:
The Minifig Macro 1.2 Released
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation, lugnet.announce
Date:
Sat, 4 Feb 2006 20:53:30 GMT

I've updated my Minifig macro!  I've also renamed it to "James' POV-Ray Library"
because it includes more than the minifig macro.

http://james.magnusviri.com/lego/povray_library/

Main new additions:
- All minifigs created with the macro take advantage of the walk code.
- 91 ready to use official Lego minifigs.
- All ready to use minifigs use the same names and follow the same syntax used
in Anton Raves' models: "man_051 (0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,red_tex)" so you can swap out
any of Anton's minifigs with versions that walk!
- You can create your own minifig using any of the 27 faces (smile, sunglasses,
female, etc), 56 shirts (classic space, Star Wars, city, etc), or other 18
decorated helmet, leg, or other bricks.
- You can create your own minifig using a variety of options: 3 leg (flipper,
ski, skeleton), 9 neck (airtank, backpack, etc.), 27 head (cap, hair, helmets,
etc.), 1 hand (hook), and 52 hand accessories (cameras, swords, guns, tools,
etc.).

My minifig walk is different from other minifig walks because mine doesn't
"bounce-hover" the body and swing the legs like others do. Mine actually anchors
the foot in one spot, rotates the rest of the body, lands on the other foot, and
then lifts the back leg and rotates the body around the front foot, etc.