 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2182
Re: Custom colours and POVRay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 21:42:31 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Tim David wrote:
I have made a model using custom colour Medium Blue, I have given the colour the
number 95 and the RGB value r110 g153 b201. I found both these figures from one
of the colour chart on the net but I can't remember which one.

In stead of using color 95 (which L3P doesn't understand because it is a custom color)
you can use color 0x026E99C9 which is understood by most programs.
In the color dialog simply enter 0x026E99C9 as the color number.

To calculate a number like 0x026E99C9 go to the custom color dialog,
enter your RGB values, choose "24 bit Color Solid" and hit OK.

Using extended colors (http://www.hassings.dk/l3/l3p.html#extcol) has the advantage
that you don't have to modify the POV file each time you generate it.
/Lars
PS. You can see http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=8533 if you want to know why
L3P does not support the COLOR meta command