 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1726
Re: L3P - Anton Raves Library Support?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 08:09:13 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Tim Courtney writes:
In lugnet.cad.ray, Carsten Schmitz writes:
Hello!

Is there any chance that L3p will support Anton Raves POVRay Lego Library?
I think that would be great because there are a lot of great made bricks in
that library and LGEO seems to be dead. Maybe L3P could pick the necessary
pieces from both libraries?

Hi Carsten -
I've talked to Anton a bit about this. He has a desire to see a converter
from LDraw to his library. I believe there's an issue of different part
origins/centers of rotation that needs to be resolved. Also, AFAIK Anton
doesn't use the LDraw part numbering system.

That last part is something "easily" solvable, I could create an include
file which will sit inbetween my library and the resulting file of
forementioned converter, translating LDraw numbers into the names that I use
in my library file.

The origins/centers of rotation are indeed my main problem.

I'm not sure if Anton and Lars have spoken recently on this, but I know
Anton's been thinking of way to make his library more accessible to
LDraw-folk by converting LDraw files. Every so often I have a conversation
with him about it.

And every so often I invest a little time on forementioned converter, I have
a busy work schedule these days, allowing me only little time to work on the
origins problem :-)

Greetz,
  Anton