 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1410
Re: L-GEO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 03:02:43 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Jeroen de Haan writes:
In lugnet.cad.ray, Rene Virsik writes:
   Heya all,

I'm using ML-CAD and POV-Ray for my virtual models (I will present them

[snip]

POV-ray. You can answer me also on my mail. THANKS for your help !

please read http://www.ldraw.org/reference/tutorials/conversion/101/

Happy rendering! Jeroen

Only one small problem which I SHOULD have caught when I edited the
tutorial.  Nowhere does it say HOW TO USE LGEO Library parts. =(

Jeroen do you have time to add a section on how to use the LGEO library files.

Rene Virsik for now here is a very simple how to step procdure.

1. Download the LGEO zip file
2. Create a folder called LGEO ( I will use the following location as an
example: c:\LDRAW\Apps\LGEO)
3. Open L3PAO to convert your .ldr file to .pov and USE the -l lgeo (use
lgeo libary) switch.
4. Open POV-Ray and open your new .pov file
5. Click on the ini button located at the top of the POV-Ray button menu
6. A pop-up window iwll appear.  In the textbar labeld command line options.
Type in the following:

+LC:\LDraw\Apps\LGEO

+L means an additional POV ray library location located at <path provided>
Here you are leting POV know where the LGEO libary is at so it can use it.
7. Click on the set but do not render.
8. Click on the run button and you will know be rendering the POV file with
the LGEO libary.

Hope this helps, email me if you need more help.
-AHui
LDraw Help Desk