 CAD / MLCad / 558
Re: I finally used MLCAD!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 19:43:13 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Bram Lambrecht wrote:

1) Every time I started MLCAD, it asked me if I wanted to register
  file types to MLCAD.  I had DAT files nicely set up so I could
  right click and open in   just about every LDraw related program.
  Unfortunately, at one point I clicked "Yes", and now that's all
  gone :(  Is the message really necessary more than once?  Maybe a
  "Don't show me this message again" checkbox would be a good idea.

Yes!  This bothers me (and confuses my sons) everytime we use MLCAD.  I'm
really sorry, Micheal, but I *don't* want MLCAD to be the default option
for .DAT and .MPD files.

2) When I hit 'I', it asks me for a part number.  This drove me nuts
  since most of my design was symmetrical, so I had to enter the part
  number at least twice as many times as in LEdit.  Hitting 'I'
  should be the same as copying and pasting the current element.
  (and if you really want to stick to the LEdit convention, it should
  set the orientation matrix back to 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1)

I agree, I like the way LEdit handles this.  But it's not too hard to use
ctrl-D.

4) When I hit X, Y, or Z, I would like to be able to enter exactly how
  far to move the current part.  Would this be hard to add?

Or is there a keyboard shortcut to get all three at once?

Steve