 CAD / MLCad / 177
Re: MLCad Suggestions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 17:15:08 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Guido Heunen writes:
< SNIP >

I would like to try to write a DAT->postcript converter if no one else is
doing it.

But give me some time. I just got a phostcript manual and it seems fairly
easy to write a phostcript file. I just don't have any idea how I have to deal
with the DAT file. I need to find some specs on that first.

Any input before is start? (Micheal?)

Guido

Cool, how about writing a plug-in for MLCad? If you are interested than just
drop a note here, and I pass on the information required for a dat->xxx
converter. It's still not finished but we can find a matching solution for
both of us.
Mainly you have to deal with lines, triangles, quads and optional lines (specs
are available at www.ldraw.org).
The question is how we deal with intersections of surfaces, since MLCad uses z-
buffering to find out if a point is visible or not. Taking it directly from
the dat file, this information is not available. I mean sometimes a complete
surface is not drawn, sometimes just a part of it ...

Tell me what you think ..

Michael