 CAD / LDD / 7
Re: LDD to replace LDRAW?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ldd
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2006 11:20:16 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ldd, Eduardo Vazquez Harte wrote:
Hello I'm wondering is LDD to replace Ldraw ?

I hope not, so far I don't like LDD

Another question I seen the airport of 1994 in lego shop at home and I'm
wondering does LEGO company use our tools to make their pictures?

I mean do they use ldraw and pov-ray?

I hope LDRAW never becomes replaced for a program make by a company free or not.

I very much doubt LDraw is going away any time soon. For one thing it has many,
many more parts than LDD including a number that will probably never appear in
LDD due to being outdates. Also the interfacing to povray and other programs
will help ensure great longevity. And that's ignoring the fact that the LDraw
editors are significantly more powerful than LDD. My conclusion is that the
LDraw system is here to stay.

I don't think Lego use LDraw and POVray. They have their own internal CAD system
and will use more expensive and user-friendly renderers. For a good example of
this look at the Batman sets.

Tim

PS. This email is my opinion and not that of the Steering Comittee.