Subject:
RACHAL Polar - changeover day
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.announce
Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2007 11:51:19 GMT

Hi all,

Another quarter (well, tomorrow anyway) and another RACHAL. The last entry for RACHAL Impossible is up 1 and it’s time for a new challenge.

This month we go back to the snow (yes it seems we have an addiction) with a guest submission by Anthony Sava who has kindly provided us with a scene involving his Polar Express train. This is by far the biggest RACHAL scene yet and I hope this poses new challenges and encourages different approaches to previous RACHALs.

Full details can be found on the RACHAL Polar challenge page 2. Anthony’s brief was to make something like the poster for the film (nighttime, mist-filled atmosphere, snowfall, lights, low angle, etc.) but of course any interpretation is welcomed.

Once again we wish you the best of luck in your renderings and look forward to seeing what you do with this new scene.

Tim Gould (on behalf of the LDraw Webmasters)

RACHAL Polar details: http://www.ldraw.org/Article476.html

RACHAL Polar gallery: http://www.ldraw.org/Article475.html