Subject:
Introducing RACHAL - the Raytracing Challenge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.announce
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2007 20:53:50 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi all,

If you keep an eye on new articles on LDraw.org you may have noticed two new
ones with the title RACHAL. Well, we haven't got a replicant working for us but
we are relaunching my old raytracing challenges as part of LDraw.org.

http://www.ldraw.org/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=428

A brief description is probably best given by quoting the blurb:

"The LDraw Administration Team proudly presents Rachal – The RAytraching
CHALlenge to spur people's creativity and show different interpretations of the
same source material. Please note that this is not a contest! All entries will
be added immediately to a gallery at LDraw.org to be shown but not voted. We
also plan to run this challenge quarterly."

Any questions about the challenge should be directed to this thread and
submissions should be made according to the guidelines on the above-linked page
and at http://www.ldraw.org/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=189#rachal

All entries will be posted at
http://www.ldraw.org/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=429 along with links
to the files.

We hope you enjoy RACHAL.

Thanks,

Tim Gould (on behalf of the LDraw webmasters)