Re: LDraw.org MOTM/SOTM Relaunch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 2005 15:44:58 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Niels Bugge wrote:
   I get the same error when I try to click on the voting page:

http://www.ldraw.org/index.php?module=LdrawMOTM&func=ballotindex

It might dissapear when some entries are added...

Yeah, I think so as well. I had a problems with this on other similar pages.

   Btw, the guidelines of MOTM say that we should send in ldr, mpd or dats, and you will render them from three different angles.. Is that a new rule?

Yes, it was first implemented for the March 2004 contest.

   There seem to be a lot of variation of in the old entries, and only one picture each...

The different views are for the contest ballot only. Once an entry wins, I chase one view and make it the primary view. Ideally the author will give permission to make the dat file public so people can view it from any angle (although the file won’t go public unless I have the author’s permission).

-Orion