Re: Do we have a plan B?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 20 Jul 2005 02:24:34 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Willy Tschager wrote:
guys,

I was waiting to see a bounce of the on-going discussion at /admin/general about
the possible shut down by october, especially after kevin has rosen the key
point:

http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=13037

I really hate to ask the question and I wish from heart that it remains the most
foolish question I've ever asked in this ng. but are we prepared for a move of
the discussion groups to ldraw.org in case they pull the plug? (BTW just in case
we have to leave this fine and warm place I'd like to move in a house with equal
comfort 8-).

Speaking for myself and not the SteerCo,

I want to stick with LUGNET until the bitter end.  I was dismayed when some of
the other communities spun off discussion groups as I think this segregated the
community further (and I hate phpBB which most of them used).  I like
one-stop-shopping and LUGNET provides this.

-Orion