Subject:
1st LSC: Call for Nominations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 03:09:53 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

All -
Now is the time for the call for nominations for the first LSC. If you're not
familiar with the LSC, please read the latest proposal:
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/org/ldraw/?n=2462. [1]

The way I am reading things at this point, we don't need a formal nomination
structure this go-round to get the LSC started. Steve and I chatted about it and
we're fine with either people volunteering (nominating themselves), or being
nominated by someone else (the nominee must accept the nomination to appear on
the ballot).

Remember, to be eligible for LSC membership (according to proposal 0.99a) you
must fulfill at least one of the following:

* Authored at least two LDraw parts subsequently released in an Official
LDraw.org Parts Update
* Served as a reviewer on the Parts Tracker through at least 2 official
parts updates, and posted at least 5 reviews in at least two updates since
their initial participation
* Authored a software program that is compliant with either the LDraw 0.2.7
spec or another spec published by the LSC

(the last two criteria have been cut since they don't apply here - there are no
current LSC members to petition someone's nomination)

----
To volunteer or nominate someone, please reply _in this thread_. I don't want to
have to track down nominations from multiple sources, and it would be better to
see nominations publicly anyways, so I'll only accept them if they appear in
this thread. Please respect the criteria above - and to make life easier for
myself and Steve and the others, it would be great if you could reference your
qualification - mention a program you've written, a couple part numbers, etc.
Not necessary, but helpful :-)
----

Note - nominations must be received (posted) by July 15. Voting begins July 17.

As a side note, the people on the tech list are working on getting the new site
ready for launch. It won't be perfect when it launches, but it will have a lot
more capabilities than the current site (including a membership/voting system)
so that will be a good thing. So, between now and the 17th, the site *should* be
live and working in time for voting. If there are any changes to that schedule
I'll keep you posted.

Well, I hope this is informal enough for all of your liking :-) Though forming
the LSC is a big step for the LDraw community, we don't need to kick it off
bogged in bureaucracy - I'm happier that way cause it's less work for me too!
:-)

-Tim

[1] I suggest you view the raw message via the web interface (small link above
the reply button) because as Lar noted the FTX formatting got screwy on bullet
points, snipping off some text.