Re: OMR Model Creation/Submission Rules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 01:36:35 GMT

At 11:14 PM 6/15/99 +0000, Scott R Dennett wrote:
I think the error file should be submitted with the file, by the
author of the
work.

Though convenient for us, inconvenient for them.  As I noted it could
discourage immediate submissions, which would help the Repository.  But on
the other hand it would be good for people to note their own errors -
especially for us, so we don't have to examine the model (esp. large
models) for each error.  Then again, we're examining them anyways for
errors and we can log them as we go.  A definite thinker.  We can strongly
reccommend it but not require it...?

I was looking at the instruction for set 6877 and I had a couple
of questions.
1. STEP 9 has asubmodel with no movable parts. Should it be
inlined? I
think it should

In that case I would agree with you.  Inline it with the standard naming
system for the filename though.

2. STEP 9 has the top of a hinge placed and the windscreen which
goes on
it is placed in STEP 12. Should this be a submodel. I have mixed
feelings.

Yes, under the moving parts concept, make the shield and the hinge a
submodel so they can be moved easily together.

That's all for now I think. I agree with all the rules.
If I think of anything else I'll let you know.

Ok!

-Tim Courtney
ldraw.org Project Coordinator

http://www.ldraw.org