 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 1001
1000  |  1002
Subject:
MLCad with a Mac
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2008 03:08:38 GMT

I confess this is a strange post for me to be writing, but lo and behold, I discovered yesterday that I can run MLCad on my Intel Mac without Windows. And the installation is utterly painless.

It goes like this:
  1. Download Darwine at http://www.kronenberg.org/darwine/; it’s a drag-and-drop install.
  2. Download MLCad. Unzip.
  3. Double-click MLCad.exe.
And that’s it. Have fun. It’s nice to see that Wine has progressed to the point of being usable for something, and even nicer to see it so easy to start using on the Mac. Of course, I prefer native Mac software and will keep right on developing the same, but it is nice to be able to test against what has become the de-facto reference behavior.

Allen