 CAD / Development / LDraw Connection Database / 43
Re: LCD draft spec comment
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.lcd
Date:
Sat, 22 May 2004 00:22:29 GMT

Many creations I have seen and built make use of rotating
single-stud connections for articulated joints and odd
angle mounts, so allowing an inherently non-rotating stud
inlet is a flaw that should be avoided if possible.

Hi
  I am currently working on my own version of LCD.

http://www.mr-bucket.co.uk/GLIDE/LCD_File_Format.html

I was thinking of adding some kind over-ride to the angle of movement for each
connection. This clinches it, I will. The format itself could hold single-studs
that lock at 90 degrees or similar as long as the editing programs can brake
these rules at the users request. The locking of angles is still useful
information to have even if its not always used.

LCD should be an aid to building not a set of rules that confine creativity.

For more info on GLIDE take a look at http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=11299

--Dan.