 CAD / Development / LDraw Connection Database / 4
3  |  5
Subject:
LCD -- Calling for work
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.lcd
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 00:29:56 GMT

Whatever happens, I love this idea! I've been wishing for something
like this since starting LDraw.

  OK, ladies, gentlemen and minifigs, so everybody is agreeing it is a
good idea, what is more, it is already a group of good ideas, including
LCD itself (by the way, LCD could stand for Lugnet.Cad.Dev, too! :)
and the LMPL language, and so on. Now the question is: what to do now?
  As for the development, I will undertake it; I will create the
scripting language being mentioned -- you will be able to read it as a
proposal. I will develop everything necessary, and what I can't develop,
will be developed by KACS, for example, the databases for sure, he is
the database expert, not me. But the main part of it is the actual work
of collecting data. Connections, connectors, parts, connections,
connectors, parts. Not owning any real Lego and not having much
experience with the virtual one, I'm not the very man to do this work.

  Let me call you to contribute. Let's collect connections. The way to
do so is simple. Take two Lego parts connectable with each other, and
connect them. Take notes about the connection: the coordinates of an
important point, specified according the coordinate system used in dat
files; the way of movement possible in connected state, including angles
and distances; and additional comments, problems, questions to be solved
etc. And give it a name like Stud Inlet or Towball. KACS took the job of
collecting them and keeping them in a database. And the group can decide
what to do with the arising problems.

  Thank you in advance and have a good work!

LAD