 CAD / Development / LDraw Connection Database / 23
22  |  24
Subject:
I hold ALM, at least until LMPL publication
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.lcd
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 00:04:39 GMT

Hi Kiss Attila Csongor,
Hi Láng Attila D,

Now I stop talking about LCD or LMPL, until publication.

Before publication I can not evaluate if my own approach has any "added value".

Termolo is a general purpose language with simplistic syntax.
Before of generality it can encompass any past, present and future needs.
Because of simplistic syntax it is easy to learn and ALM would be easy to
extend.
Also Termolo is somewhat like lego: you build complex programs from
simplistic statements.
Like lego, any future ALM statement would prefectly assemble initial ones.
Like lego, a termolo statement has no predefined usage (no type system) but
is usable if it fits (the practice rules).

At first, I imagined I have designed THE lego language.
No other language would match it for future lego usage.

But now I realize this is just "syntax preference".
Syntax preference is not added value.
I have made a conceptual mistake due to enthusiasm.
Or may be the above mentionned properties would only benefit in a future
beyond LMPL.
But I can not prove that now.

May be I had better to add new MOCs on my web page.
May be more useful to community.

Damien
http://brickcaster.multimania.com