 CAD / Development / 9613
Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - Summary please!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 19:32:52 GMT

"Kim Toll" <kim.toll@intel.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
<SNIP>

Allowing white space is always a good idea.

I like having the backslash because I agree with Lars, I thought the
<LDRAWDIR>\Parts was a directory and the stuff in the brackets was the • base
directory substitution.

Having said that, what about suggesting an additional flag.  One that • indicates
what kind of directory this is.  For example:

[LDrawSearch]
1 = <SHOW> <MODELDIR>  <Models>
2 = <HIDE> <LDRAWDIR>\P  <Primitaves>
3 = <SHOW> <LDRAWDIR>\Parts <Parts>
4 = <SHOW> <LDRAWDIR>\Models <Models>
5 = <SHOW> <LDRAWDIR>\Unofficial <Unofficial Parts>
6 = <SHOW> <LDRAWDIR>\KimsParts <Unofficial Parts>
7 = <SHOW> C:\temp\downloaded_models <Models>
8 = <SHOW> C:\temp\MOTM <Models>

The final flag, if present, could be a user defined category that would • let them
clump the contents of similar groups together.  For instance, all things • with
the <Unoficial Parts> tag could be shown together in a MLCad style tree • view.
Or if the user preferred, they could just mark them all as <Parts> and all • the
unofficial parts would show up under the <Parts> node along with the • official
parts.  And you could have several different directories that contain • models and
they could all show up under the <Model> node.

This is a good idea, theoretically we can add anything at the end of this
line. Programms not willing to support can simply ignore it.
However in this case I would like to use quotationmarks - hello lars ;.-) -
to make clear where a directory start and where it ends. I've seen windows
and unix directories with names including < and > so ....

Michael