 CAD / Development / 9581
Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 18:57:18 GMT

"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam.go.away.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
<SNIP>
Oh I don't know.  I'm still hoping some of these ideas will eventually
start to grow on you.  Hopefully Lars will write some really nice code
that finds the parts search list and somehow associates a list of tags
with each directory in the list.  If he makes SHOW or HIDE the first tag
then you should be able to ignore everything else until someday when you
decide it might be really cool to associate some other attributes with
the directories.

I'm also kinda hoping that Lars' code library will allow programs, and
his GUI will allow advanced users to add whatever tags they want, in
addition to the HIDE or SHOW tags.  This will allow us to create new
features for our programs where certain parts directories are known to
have special uses, like the boxer parts they're talking about right now
in the Datsville animation thread.

Anyhow, I will now attempt to hypnotize you.  Repeat after me.  <HIDE>,
<SHOW>, or <SKIP>.  <HIDE>, <SHOW>, or <SKIP>.  <HIDE>, <SHOW>, or <SKIP>.
You're getting veeerrry sleeeepy...

"Snip", you got me two days sleeping ;-)

I do not have anything against additional keyword, but I realy do not get
what's behind them you suggest. Somewhere I missed the point I guess.

Michael