 CAD / Development / 9524
Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 15:42:31 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Travis Cobbs wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Michael Lachmann wrote:
Good idea, so how about

[LDRAW_SEARCH]
1=SHOW    <MODELDIR>
2=HIDE       <LDRAWDIR>P
3=SHOW    <LDRAWDIR>Parts
4=SHOW    <LDRAWDIR>Models
.
.
.
20=SHOW "C:\A special path with blanks"

Keywords <MODELDIR> ... actual directory where the project/file is located
<LDRAWDIR> ... what it tells us
and finaly paths starting with anything different from "<" as beeing
absolute paths as beeing designed for the operating system

I think two keywords for predefined paths should be enough.

It looks good to me.

It works for me too.  So we should check the user's home directory
for an ldraw.ini file containing an [LDRAW_SEARCH] section, then if not
found look in the ldraw.ini file in Windows directory.

For myself, because of platform portability considerations, I'll still
check the environment variable LDRAW_SEARCH before looking for an
ldraw.ini file.  I'll separate the entries in the environment variable
with the "|" character.  However, I'm undecided whether to require
a HIDE or SHOW tag, or use only <HIDE> and make SHOW the default.  Will
anyone else be using the environment variable, and if so do you have
a preference?

Don