 CAD / Development / 9422
Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 22:33:17 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Orion Pobursky wrote:
The LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) has recently discussed the
issue of embedded POV-Ray code in Official Parts Library files.
After careful consideration and with inputs from leading non-LSC
members, most notably Lars Hassing and Chris Dee, we have agreed
that the inclusion of this code is undesirable.

Yay!  The right place for POV code is in external libraries.  Does
this mean http://sourceforge.net/projects/ldrawpov/ is going to be
developed?  Is a new L3P release in the works?  It's been over a
year and a half since this tantalizing message was posted.  :^)

  http://news.lugnet.com/cad/ray/?n=1329

Don