 CAD / Development / 9104
Re: * LDrawDesignPad LDDP 1.5 Beta released *
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 3 Aug 2003 14:31:50 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Orion Pobursky wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.announce, Orion Pobursky wrote:
If you find any bugs or have any suggestions please post them here on Lugnet or
on the Bug Tracker/Feature Request portion of the project's Sourceforge page.

[SNIP]

* drag'n'drop is not working properly. actually it makes it almost impossible to
work with the new version and I switched back to 1.4 waiting for the final
release. the cursor is sometimes showed as "arrow" sometimes as "fill in". then
again it changes and you don't have the slightest clue why.

I'm not sure what you mean by Drag 'N Drop.  Could you elaborate more?

I’d like to move the triple 3, say, into position 1 or another line. I click and
select the 3 numbers + spaceholders. once the triple is selected in 1.4 the
cursor becomes an "arrow" and you can drag’n’drop the selection into the new
place. in 1.5 the "fill in" doesn’t change after you have left the mouse button
or it changes but the selection is shorted in some ways (looks like that it is
shorted to the position where you re-click to grap the seletion).

* where's the check-button to switch on the line numbers?

Again, I not sure what you mean.

the line numbers at the left border are gone. in 1.4 you could switch them
on/off in: "Editors Options/Options/Gerneral Options/Line number in gutters".
beside this, you can’t anymore hide the gutter or change its wide.

[SNIP]

* mowing from one main-menu to the next the screen flickers. (annoing and
desturbing)

I'm not getting this. What version of Windows are you using?

Win 2000 pro. no menu-animation or animated cursors. all the fancy, totally
useless gadgets redmond has put into its OS have been turned off using TweakUI.
the screen flickers when I move from "File" to "Edit" to "Search" to ...

[SNIP]

* the "tile-button" arranges the windows vertically instead of horizontally.

Well, tile does just that, it tiles.  I think the graphic for the tile button is
misleading.

hmm ... 1.4 arranges the active window at the top and the rest down the road (as
shown in the button graphic) 1.5 puts the active window next to the left border
and the second to the right border. on an ordinary 15 inch TFT the windows are
getting very small. well, how about an new button: one for vertical tiles, one
for horizontal ;-)

suggestion:

* would it be possible to add the "User Details" (taken from
Edit/Option/User/User Details for Macros) also to the "Update Header" Example:

0 2003-08-02 My Name - Update description

By convention, we use initials only.  I feel that LDDP should follow this
convention

ups ... shame on me, I didn’t know that (I’ve always entered the full name).
part authoring is full of surprises ;-) but hang on. does this convention make
sense? why do we use initials? isn't it already tough enough to get in contact
with the reviewers with all the nicks and NO who-is-who (with the related e-mail
addresses). CWD is Chris - right, SEB could be Steve. Chris and Steve what are
your second names? do I really have to figure out cryptic initials - the code is
already cryptic enough. my 0.02$ ;-)

[SNIP]

* MLCads select- equal-parts or select-equal-colors-button. say select all
triangels or all quads or linetype 1 or 2. selects every codeline which would
put out "red" ...

I don't think this is possible but I'll look into it.

I’m not a code-god at all (just the bloddy-stupid-standard-user next door), but
can’t a prog look if a line starts with 1, 2, 3 ... if the statement matches the
users choice (triangle = 3) it selects the line and moves on to the next.

bye, w.