 CAD / Development / 8747

Subject:
Preview of multi-level callouts complete with pointers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 2003 01:09:18 GMT

I wanted to give you a peek at the progress I've made:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/LPub/callout_example.jpg

This is a three level design, with dual level callout images, complete with
pointers to show you where the called out sub-assemblies are added.

The PLI shows all the parts added at all three levels.

I've introduced placement meta-commands for called out images relative to
the current step image.  I've also added placement for the part list image
relative to the current step image.

LPub created the above image just from meta-command information, no human
intervention.

Kevin

Special:
[DAT] (requires LDraw-compatible viewer)
Re: Preview of multi-level callouts complete with pointers
In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin L. Clague writes:
I wanted to give you a peek at the progress I've made:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/LPub/callout_example.jpg

This is a three level design, with dual level callout images, complete with
pointers to show you where the called out sub-assemblies are added.

The PLI shows all the parts added at all three levels.

I've introduced placement meta-commands for called out images relative to
the current step image.  I've also added placement for the part list image
relative to the current step image.

LPub created the above image just from meta-command information, no human
intervention.

Kevin

Here is the top level DAT:

0 Untitled
0 Name: l0.ldr
0 Author: MLCad
0 Unofficial Model
0 WRITE LPUB PLI BORDER ROUND 0 1 10
0 WRITE LPUB PLI MARGINS 20 20
0 WRITE LPUB CALLOUT BORDER SQUARE 0 1
0 WRITE LPUB CALLOUT MARGINS 20 20
0 WRITE LPUB CALLOUT STEP_MARGIN 6
0 WRITE LPUB CALLOUT BEGIN
0 WRITE LPUB CALLOUT COL_FIRST 0-$
0 WRITE LPUB CALLOUT COL_SEPERATOR 0 1
0 WRITE LPUB CALLOUT PLACEMENT B R 0 20
0 WRITE LPUB CALLOUT POINTER 7 447 154 235
0 ROTATION CENTER 0 0 0 1 "Custom"
0 ROTATION CONFIG 0 0
1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 l1.ldr
0 WRITE LPUB CALLOUT END
1 2 35 40 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 3865.DAT
0

The second level DAT

0 Untitled
0 Name: l1.ldr
0 Author: MLCad
0 Unofficial Model
0 WRITE PLIST BEGIN SUB turntable.ldr
0 ROTATION CENTER 0 0 0 1 "Custom"
0 ROTATION CONFIG 0 0
1 7 15 -24 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 2856.DAT
1 7 15 -16 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 2855.DAT
0 WRITE PLIST END
1 0 15 26 60 0 0 -1 0 1 0 1 0 0 4459.DAT
1 0 15 26 -60 0 0 -1 0 1 0 1 0 0 4459.DAT
0 WRITE LPUB CALLOUT BEGIN
0 WRITE LPUB CALLOUT PLACEMENT L C -10 0
0 WRITE LPUB CALLOUT ROW_FIRST 0-$
0 WRITE LPUB CALLOUT POINTER 5 20 40 53
0 WRITE LPUB CALLOUT POINTER 5 40 115 87
1 0 -25 -46 10 0 1 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 l2.ldr
1 0 55 -46 10 0 -1 0 0 0 -1 1 0 0 l2.ldr
0 WRITE LPUB CALLOUT END
0 STEP
1 7 15 16 -70 -1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 -1 2730.DAT
1 7 15 16 70 -1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 -1 2730.DAT
0

And the third level DAT:

0 Untitled
0 Name: l2.ldr
0 Author: MLCad
0 Unofficial Model
0 ROTATION CENTER 0 0 0 1 "Custom"
0 ROTATION CONFIG 0 0
1 7 -10 8 0 1 0 0 0 -1 0 0 0 -1 3623.DAT
1 7 -30 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 -1 4274.DAT
1 7 10 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 -1 4274.DAT
0

Re: Preview of multi-level callouts complete with pointers