 CAD / Development / 866
Re: Complete list of metacommands?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 14:49:44 GMT

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999 11:33:32 GMT, "Adviesbureau Noord/Zuidlijn"
<nzlijn@euronet.nl> wrote:

I've seen CATEGORY and KEYWORD, but I'm not 100% aware of their purpose.
Could the original inventors of these lines shed some light on them ?

These two comment meta-commands are not currently recognized by any
programs, AFAIK.  They are both part-file meta-commands, intended for use
by part-search and part-catalog programs.

CATEGORY specifies the part's category.  I think all the examples so far
have used a single-word category.  I think it would be most useful to
extend this to allow full classification of parts, by using multiple keys
to indicate sub-categories in multiple levels, example:

0 CATEGORY Slope Inverted 45

would indicate a part in the category of Slope, sub-category Inverted,
sub-sub-category 45.

KEYWORD is a list of words or terms which may be used for part-searching.
Any part-searches should also include most (or all) information in the
part's file-header:

0 Part-name
0 Name: XXXX.dat
0 Author: sdfasdf adjfdk

so the KEYWORDS line should include terms which do not occur anywhere else
in the header.  Possible keywords would indicate part-geometry, LEGO themes
which use the part, synonyms for other terms.

Steve