 CAD / Development / 8580
8579  |  8581
Subject:
New BFC Spec
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 05:48:30 GMT

I have created an updated revision of the BFC spec, available from the
following location:

http://www.halibut.com/~tcobbs/ldraw/bfcspecv11.txt

To create this file, I started with bfcspecv4.txt (which was actually
revision 10), then remarked every line in the file to be revision 10, then
made my modifications as revision 11.  (The reasons behind this were
discussed in the other BFC thread.)  Consequently, all my modifications are
listed as being revision 11, and everything else in the file is nearly 3
years old.  I added a revision notes section that details my changes and
deletions (since deletions don't show up).

If people are comfortable with this version, I will reformat it in a way
similar to what Orion did with the last one, and send the file to Tim to be
added to the ldraw.org specifications page.  I feel that both a
revision-marked, and a nicely formatted version should be available from
ldraw.org, but that's just my personal opinion based on comments people made
in the other major recent BFC thread.  If Tim agrees, he can add both
versions to ldraw.org.

Note when I say "comfortable", I don't mean you don't have any suggested
changes.  I just mean that you consider my version to be acceptable for the
moment.  I think ultimately Steve Bliss has final say, though.

--Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com)