 CAD / Development / 7485
7484  |  7486
Subject:
File Header request for Minifig Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 08:22:22 GMT

Hi folks,

the other day I was flicking through the "Other Parts/M-Library" looking for the "Minifig Top Hat" and it took me quiet a while to
find it 'cos there isn't any criteria in naming the different minifig parts. There are: caps, castle helmets, construction helmet,
hair male, hat cowboy, wizards hat ...
Most of the tools are named as "tool" but then again: Minifig Metal Detector, Minifig Underwater Scooter, Minifig Whip,...
Finally things become odd 'cos "tools" like the "Space Gun" or the "Space Chainsaw Body" are stored in the "Other Parts/S-Tree",
while the "Town Radio" is kept under "T".
The only parts which already respect a standard are the patterned torsos and heads with some exceptions like the skeleton torso or
skeleton skull.

How about renaming all the different minifig parts by adding an appropriate sub-category in the header by scaling the definitions
from general to detailed? IMHO I think that the new category "Minifig Accessory" is to wide and solves the problem only in part. I
propose the sub-categories I found at bricklink:

Minifig Body Part = arm right, arm skeleton, hand, leg left, leg old, leg robot, hip ...
Minifig Footgear = ski, flipper
Minifig Head = head with standard grin pattern, head skeleton skull ...
Minifig Headgear = cap, castle helmet, diver mask, feathers with pin, plume small...
Minifig Neckgear = armor plate, air tank, backpack, container D-basket, arrow quiver...
Minifig Torso = torso with classic space logo, torso old, torso skeleton, ...
Minifig Utensil = cup, town radio, metal detector, hairbrush, ...
Minifig Weapon = bow with arrow, gun revolver, polearm halberd, sword, shield with ...
Minifig Others = seat 2 x 2, coin, cannon 2 x 4 base

following some examples how the new file header would look like:

0 Minifig Body Part Arm Left
0 Minifig Body Part Arm Skeleton
0 Minifig Body Part Leg Right with Robot Pattern
0 Minifig Body Part Leg Wooden

0 Minifig Head Skeleton
0 Minifig Head with Hollow Stud
0 Minifig Head with Standard Women Pattern

0 Minifig Headgear Cap
0 Minifig Headgear Hat Police
0 Minifig Headgear Hat Wizard
0 Minifig Headgear Helmet Castle with Chin-Guard
0 Minifig Headgear Helmet Castle with Neck Protector
0 Minifig Headgear Helmet Construction

0 Minifig Torso Old
0 Minifig Torso Skeleton
0 Minifig Torso with Classic Space Logo Pattern

0 Minifig Utensil Signal Holder
0 Minifig Utensil Space Gun (or is it a weapon?)
0 Minifig Utensil Town Radio

0 Minifig Weapon Bow with Arrow
0 Minifig Weapon Harpoon
0 Minifig Weapon Knife
0 Minifig Weapon Sword Cutlass

I know that this would require a hell of work, but at the same time we can set a standard for the future.

Bye, Willy