 CAD / Development / 7355
Re: disabling BFC (was "Head w/ Headset Over Brown Hair")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 23:47:39 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote...
In lugnet.cad.dev, Orion Pobursky writes:
Correct me of I'm wrong but I thought that if a part's main file wasn't BFC
certified, any subfiles, including primitives, are not processed as being
BFC'd (even if the subfile is BFC certified).

L3Lab *assumes* the main file is BFC-able.  That's a valid assumption for
models (ie, files that just reference part-files).  But it's not a valid
assumption for parts and primitives.

In the coming version of L3Lab I have added a check to see if the model
contains any linetype 2, 3, 4 or 5. If so, the "model" is assumed to be
a part/primitive, and BFC is disabled.
(BFC is of course enabled for a model/part with an explicit "0 BFC CERTIFY")

I will also add code to check for the file type according to Steve's
fileformat description in http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=7283
though it seems somewhat "messy" to a programmers eyes. :-)

Also I have added a BFC button in the toolbar, so it is easier to see at a glance
whether BFC is enabled or not.
/Lars