 CAD / Development / 6944
Re: Questions on Stickers and Certification
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 19:17:10 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Carsten Schmitz wrote:

I see too that a few reviewers are scared of parts with subparts. But just
these parts are really important to review and get on their way ...and for
people who made a complicated part its not very motivating to wait for a
year to get a parts released. At least that doesnt encourage them to make
more parts.

I think this is an important point.  Subfiles are *very* useful tools
for modeling parts, but we should use them with restraint.  I will
frequently model a part using multiple subfiles, but then I will inline
all the code into a single file before submitting the part.

Steve