 CAD / Development / 6699
Re: LDGLite colour bug
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 23:39:04 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
Don Heyse wrote:

If it's really an Alpha specific bug, then I might need a picture.
Does it look different from the problem with the bad part?

Yes. It is - as I wrote - the cylinders inside the bricks
that have the colour of the preceding part.

The following is the picture I get, when I render the
example with the command `ldglite -q -ms -l3 -s4
-a1,0,1,-0.5,-1,0.5,1,0,-1 2357-fejl.dat`:

  http://jacob.sparre.dk/temp/2357-fejl.png

Ok that does look like a different problem.  I verified it with
the OSMesa driver on ldraw.org.  Its reproducible with just two
stud3.dats or even just two 4-4disc4.dats.  And it only seems to
happen when lighting is enabled and and antialiased edgelines are
on, even if you don't have any edgelines.  I wonder if it's a bug in
the Mesa driver on the 64 bit alpha architecture.  You said it works
for you on intel.  Were you using the Mesa driver for your intel
test?

Don