 CAD / Development / 6428
Re: Future extension of dat files?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 06:02:26 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tim Courtney writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Michael Lachmann writes:
Michael -
The new extension should be .ldr.  I'd recommend saving files at .ldr as
default, but leave the option to save as .dat.  Also, when opening a file,
look for both .dat and .ldr as a default.

BTW (for everyone, since this is on a public group) this has been discussed
over and over again for several years even.  Just never put into practice.

-Tim

Thanks, that was it, what I wanted to know.

For the next version I'm planning to register this extension instead of
.dat. Although I'll still support dat MLCad will write .ldr by default -
still allowing the user to specify something else.

I think with that solution everyone should be happy and many of the support
mails I receive regarding problems with dat's registered to MLCad should be
fixed with that.

Michael