 CAD / Development / 6041
Re: Finally...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 00:17:51 GMT

Lutz Uhlmann wrote...
Hi all,

finally I have moved, nearly all thing have been done, except
de-dusting my LEGO-models and placing them all around our new home.
I have collected all mails regarding errors and problems with
the LGEO parts and will fix it and bring a new update the next
days, for the weekend I hope.

Good to hear you're back in business...

I hope you are planning to update the format of L2P_ELMT.TAB,
see http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=5953
The current format is inadequate for a conversion table between
DAT filenames and LGEO filenames: It only uses an integer for the
DAT file number, which cannot handle all our letter suffixes properly.

Consider making a text rather than binary format, maybe like this
3001 . lg_3001
3039 s lg_3039
3062a . lg_3062 lg_3062a   (first is filename, second is povname)
3062b . lg_3062

I guess the only flag needed is the slope-flag?
The moved-flag is not necessary, as moved parts are handled
by the standard "0 ~Moved to xxx" part files?

What about patterns? They could be incorporated in L2P_ELMT.TXT:
3298p18 s lg_3298 lp_0006
or better IMHO (as the patterns are part specific (and not reused)): drop the
pattern directory and make a new pov definition e.g. lg_3298p18 in lg_3298.inc
combining lg_3298 from lg_3298.inc and lg_3298p18 from lp_0006.inc:
3298p18 s lg_3298 lg_3298p18

I hope these suggestions can help making your superior-looking parts
as easily accessible and widely used as possible.
BTW, let me know if you want L3P to print out an explicit
credit or copyright notice.
/Lars