 CAD / Development / 5972
5971  |  5973
Subject:
Overlapping linetypes?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 22:04:08 GMT

For some of the more complicated designs on patterened elements, the path of
least resistance suggests to me that a certain amount of overlap by two
linetype statements of the same color might be the most efficient way of
covering an area.  As a hypothetical f'r'instance, imagine I'm trying to
create a "no" sign--a circle with a line through it.  Given the edgelines of
ring4.dat (or the ring file of your choice), I can do the math and line up
my intersecting linetype 4 polygon to match the pixelation, but how will
these render in POV-Ray?  Will there be gapping?  Alternatively, it would
seem a simple matter to overshoot the ring's inner edgeline just a bit to
ensure that the linetype 4 polygon leaves no gaps, but how would this
arrangement affect display in other programs?
  I'm not sure if this makes any sense--it's late in my workday and I'm
typing in a hurry.  If anyone can divine my meaning, please lend me some
insight.  Thanks in advance,

    Dave!