 CAD / Development / 5858
Re: elimination of theme categories - Castle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 16:21:42 GMT

Franklin,

Thanks for looking into this, but I want to put off making major changes in
the library organization until *after* we've got a good tracking system
implemented on the server.

These kind of changes are important.  I spend a lot of time pulling my hair
out over part names and categories.  Let's just do stuff in the right
order, okay?

Steve

In lugnet.cad.dev, Franklin W. Cain wrote:

In order to help "get the ball rolling" ;-)
I'd like to propose the following name changes
as part of the migration away from "theme" categories.

These are my _suggestions_ for parts currently listed
in the "Castle" CATEGORY.

Note that _all_ new names listed herein beginning with "Minifig"
are meant to be filed into the CATEGORY of "Minifig Accessory"
(and not "Minifig").

Please LMKWYT.  ;-)
Thanks,
Franklin

6126.DAT
Old Name: "Castle Dragon Flame"
New Name: "Animal Dragon Flame"

2343.DAT
Old Name: "Castle Goblet"
New Name: "Minifig Cup Goblet"

3849.DAT
Old Name: "Castle Lance"
New Name: "Minifig Lance"

6124.DAT
Old Name: "Castle Magic Wand"
New Name: "Minifig Magic Wand"

3848.DAT
Old Name: "Castle Pike"
New Name: "Minifig Poleaxe"
(Note: This weapon is _not_ a "pike".
A pike is a very long _spear_, _not_ a long _axe_. ;-)

3847.DAT
Old Name: "Castle Sword"
New Name: "Minifig Sword"

6066.DAT
Old Name: "Castle Turret Top  4 x  8 x  2 & 1/3"
New Name: "Panel Wall Parapet  4 x  8 x  2.33"

4489.DAT
Old Name: "Castle Wagon Wheel Large"
New Name: "Wheel Wagon Large"

2470.DAT
Old Name: "Castle Wagon Wheel Small"
New Name: "Wheel Wagon Small"

4444.DAT
Old Name: "Castle Wall  2 x  5 x  6"
New Name: "Panel Wall  2 x  5 x  6"

4444P02.DAT
Old Name: "Castle Wall  2 x  5 x  6 w/ Dark Gray Scattered Stones Pattern"
New Name: "Panel Wall  2 x  5 x  6 - Dark Gray Scattered Stones"

4444P01.DAT
Old Name: "Castle Wall  2 x  5 x  6 w/ Dark Gray Window Stones Pattern"
New Name: "Panel Wall  2 x  5 x  6 - Dark Gray Window Stones"

4444P05.DAT
Old Name: "Castle Wall  2 x  5 x  6 w/ Light Gray Scattered Stones Pattern"
New Name: "Panel Wall  2 x  5 x  6 - Light Gray Scattered Stones"

4444P04.DAT
Old Name: "Castle Wall  2 x  5 x  6 w/ Light Gray Window Stones Pattern"
New Name: "Panel Wall  2 x  5 x  6 - Light Gray Window Stones"

4444P03.DAT
Old Name: "Castle Wall  2 x  5 x  6 with Black Stripes"
New Name: "Panel Wall  2 x  5 x  6 - Medieval/Tudor"
(Note: Regardless of whatever he pattern name for this part becomes,
it _ought_ to match the pattern name of 2345p01.dat.)

2345.DAT
Old Name: "Castle Wall  3 x  3 x  6 Corner"
New Name: "Panel Wall  3 x  3 x  6 Corner"

2345P44.DAT
Old Name: "Castle Wall  3 x  3 x  6 Corner with Blacktron I Logo Pattern"
New Name: "Panel Wall  3 x  3 x  6 Corner - Blacktron I Logo"

2345P01.DAT
Old Name: "Castle Wall  3 x  3 x  6 Corner with Lines Pattern"
New Name: "Panel Wall  3 x  3 x  6 Corner - Medieval/Tudor"
(Note: Regardless of whatever he pattern name for this part becomes,
it _ought_ to match the pattern name of 4444p03.dat.)

=====
Franklin Cain (and please do *not* call me "Frank" ;-)
fwcain@yahoo.com | http://fcain.tripod.com/
Gun Control means HITTING YOUR TARGET!! (http://www.nra.org)
"An armed society is a polite society." -- Robert A. Heinlein
Death to Spammers!! (http://www.cauce.org)