 CAD / Development / 4614
Re: Ideas for I-DEAS?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 13:44:58 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Marc Klein writes:
On Tue, 25 Apr 2000 15:42:59 GMT, "Duane Hess" <DNJHESS@ZDNETMAIL.COM> wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev, Selçuk Göre writes:
Hi guys,

Is there anyone who is familiar with I-DEAS package? I-DEAS is a very
nice professional CAD software with very powerful surfacing features.
I've just started using it and love it. If there would be any way to
convert (one of) its output file formats to Ldraw format, many many
parts could be created in a matter of minutes.

Selçuk

It's been a couple of years since I touched the system. Does I-DEAS have the
ability to export an .STL file? There is an .STL to .DAT translator out there
somewhere, I just haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

-Duane

If I-DEAS produces STL files, you can use STL2DAT. You will find it here
http://marc.klein.free.fr/stl2dat.html

Marc Klein
A Mindstorms fan.

I was checking out the SDRC website [1] and the Master Modeler is able to
export an .STL file. I don't know any more than that though. Sorry, your on
your own from here. :-)

-Duane

[1] http://www.sdrc.com/