 CAD / Development / 4255
Re: Problem with 1-4con1.dat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 14:54:05 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Damien Duquennoy wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve wrote :
And I promise that the 2000-01 vote is coming.  Very soon.  Really.

Well, I'd like to participate ! what is the procedure ?

The procedure is this:  the parts authors (that's a bunch of people)
create and maintain parts files.  They send their files to the parts
administrator (that's me).  The parts administrator puts together a
proposed list of files to go in the next LCAD parts update, and creates
a webpage where people can vote on the parts. An announcement is made
when the vote is open, pointing people toward the voting page.  People
go to the page, download the new files, check them over, and vote.  Some
time passes.  The vote is closed, the parts admin takes all the feedback
from the voting, rolls it back into the files, and publishes an update
on ldraw.org.

I think that about covers it all. :)

Who vote, how is it possible to vote ?

Anyone can vote; our hope is that everyone who votes is familiar with
the the LDraw parts library, and takes time to review the files, looking
for possible problems or areas for improvement.

Is there a FAQ on this subject ?

Not really.  There is a short blurb in the LDraw FAQ:
<http://www.ldraw.org/memorial/archive/FAQ/#question-31>.  But it needs
to be updated.

Steve