 CAD / Development / 11023

Subject:
Unofficial Parts Path
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 25 Oct 2009 11:39:55 GMT

Unofficial Parts Path

Unofficial parts should not mixed with official part. Therefore the a quasi
standard has been established as follow:

Unofficial files should be stored in a directory structure like follows:
<LDRAWDIR>/Unofficial/P
<LDRAWDIR>/Unofficial/P/48
<LDRAWDIR>/Unofficial/PARTS
<LDRAWDIR>/Unofficial/PARTS/S

To use also this in MLCad you have to add that in MLCad.ini
[SCAN_ORDER]
1 = SHOW <LDRAWDIR>Parts
2 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>Parts\s
3 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>P
4 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>P\48
5 = SHOW <LDRAWDIR>Unofficial\Parts
6 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>Unofficial\Parts\s
7 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>Unofficial\P
8 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>Unofficial\P\48

This is not an official document!

As today the file header of an official part has a flag that indicates that this
file is official I think this is a good solution.

I wrote this to have a documentation summary what has been discussed in many
articles that are not easy to find.

cu
mikeheide

Re: Unofficial Parts Path
In lugnet.cad.dev, Michael Heidemann wrote:
Unofficial Parts Path

Unofficial parts should not mixed with official part. Therefore the a quasi
standard has been established as follow:

Unofficial files should be stored in a directory structure like follows:
<LDRAWDIR>/Unofficial/P
<LDRAWDIR>/Unofficial/P/48
<LDRAWDIR>/Unofficial/PARTS
<LDRAWDIR>/Unofficial/PARTS/S

Ten letters folder name... may it always remain a quasi standard!

/Tore

Re: Unofficial Parts Path