 CAD / Development / 10708
Re: Seam width in LDView
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2008 05:26:59 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Dean Earley wrote:
Hi Travis.

What does LDView apply the seam width settings to?

When doing some part dev, I noticed it was "shrinking" a moved part, in
this case, 3070.dat which includes 3070a.dat.
I guess it is because it is missing an official part header?

It applies it to everything that it considers to be a part, but not a sub-part.
A sub-part is any sub-file (or sub-sub-file, etc) of something that is
determined to be a part.  Adding an unofficial part header is the easiest way to
convince LDView that a file is a part:

0 !LDRAW_ORG Unofficial_Part

(Note that LDView recognizes quite a few other combinations of header text as
meaning that a file is a part, but the above is the officially correct header
text.)  Putting a file in your main LDraw parts directory should also cause
LDView to recognize it as a part.

Having said all this, you might consider setting up a preference set in LDView
specifically for part authoring, and disabling seams in that preference set.

--Travis