 CAD / Development / 10682
Wanted: LDMerge beta testers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2007 03:04:00 GMT

Thanks to an inquiry from Michael Heidemann, I’ve written a little utility called LDMerge. I’d like to have one or two other people test it before it is released just to confirm that it works as intended.

LDMerge is a console tool for temporarily merging LDraw part libraries. Many LDraw users may not have a need for this. However, if you prefer to keep unofficial parts separate from official parts, or if you have any other reason for maintaining multiple part collections, you may find LDMerge useful when you need to use another program that does not support the concept of multiple LDraw directories.

LDMerge is based on LDLink. However, it has a few key advantages: any number of libraries may be merged together (and subsequently unmerged), you have the option to merge via copy, move, or link, and a self-contained Windows executable is available as an alternative to the platform-independent script.

I’ll post an announcement with more details soon. Until then, anyone want to give it a test? In particular, I’d like to verify that the Windows version works properly. Users of Mac OS X versions prior to 10.4 are also encouraged to apply (you may need an executable package, too).

Thanks, Jim