 CAD / Development / 10631
Re: New OpenGL based Lego Editor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2007 21:34:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jim DeVona wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Ralf Euser wrote:

I was wondering if there is any development in the way of building a new Lego
editor, based on OpenGL (OpenGL=Video card display driver software)))?

I'm sure others will have more specific questions and suggestions. What key
features do you have in mind for your new editor besides OpenGL graphics?

I agree with Jim and would say that LDraw.org always welcomes talented people.
If you are going to write a new editor I suggest to support right from the start
the possibility to translate the interface in other languages without the need
to hack dlls in visual studio (check out what travis has done in LDView)

w.