 CAD / Development / 10264
10263  |  10265
Subject:
LDraw to LDD conversion chain
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 3 Sep 2005 14:31:06 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Please see this post on LEGOFan.org

http://www.legofan.org/FORUMS/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1879

Adrian's addressed a lot of the technical issues with importing LDraw format
files into LDD at the file conversion level. I think there are things to think
about at other levels (like, how to constrain models to use only available
palette parts, etc, for example), as well but this is pretty significant info.

I plan to add it to BW soon but BW appears to be down again, or at least is
unreachable for me at the moment.

Adrian is looking for comments and feedback, but indicates he can't post here
for whatever reason (and the admin team seems apparently pretty busy with other
things, other requests haven't been addressed either).  Whether to continue the
discussion here, or there, is unclear. I hope more people decide to participate
though, and share viewpoints, in whichever place.

We did get one round of feedback from LEGO folks already (Ronny and Mark) but I
would characterise it as a bit vague and not necessarily addressing all the
questions and concerns that were raised.

++Lar