 CAD / Development / 1012
Re: How much is too much?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 11:30:11 GMT

Chris Dee wrote in message ...

Wow, what detail. An impressive computer graphic, in its own right, but • IMHO
too much for LDraw. I tend to agree with Jeff Boen about using the basic
16-sided polygon, but do appreciate how facetted this can make things look • in,
for example, POV-Ray. The sheer size of the file would hit low-powered PCs
pretty hard I suspect. Both LDLite and the LDAO editor, seemed to struggle • with
it on my machine.

Chris

Thanks, Chris, for your comments and for taking the time to download and
examine the file.  What I've decided to do is produce several different
resolutions of this file to give the user a choice.  The main problem now is
that the conversion process will not produce type 2 or 5 lines that enhance
the appearance of the rendering in LDLite and LDraw.  These lines also give
you the wire frame in LEdit, which, is important when placing a part in a
model.  At this point I have no idea , other than entering the lines by
hand, how I can work around this.

The struggle continues.........

Roy