 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / Primitives / 434
  Missing primitives after part update.

Hello, This is my first post, so please bear with me if I screw up. I have downloaded the Ldraw part updates, and installed them according to the instructions posted at the update site. My problem is that, every time I opened a parts folder in (...) (17 years ago, 30-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: Missing primitives after part update.

(...) Hi Michael, It is pretty hard for us to diagnose this without a lot of details of mising files. Before we go down that road, I would recommend you try again, or start over with empty ldraw/parts ldraw/parts/s and ldraw/p folders (directories). (...) (17 years ago, 30-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: Missing primitives after part update.

(...) Did you install ldraw027.exe? Not having done that seems to me to be the most likely cause of your problem. You have to install ldraw027 prior to installing any updates (including the complete update). This should change once the library gets (...) (17 years ago, 30-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: Missing primitives after part update.

(...) Hello again, No, I had not installed ldraw027.exe. My version of Ldraw came from a CD, along with other tools like MLCAD and POV-Ray. I have tried the part update on two separate computers, with the same Missing Primitives result. I will try (...) (17 years ago, 1-Dec-06, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: Missing primitives after part update.

(...) Is there a "scan parts" command somewhere in the mlcad file menu? Maybe that'll fix it. Otherwise, you might get a better answer for this in the mlcad newsgroup, so I'm sending you there. (17 years ago, 14-Dec-06, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Missing primitives after part update.

(...) Hi all. I have been having the same problem. I checked and the above mentioned file was indeed missing so I downloaded it, but it's just sitting there all lonely on my desktop. What do I do with it now? Thanks in advance. (17 years ago, 8-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: Missing primitives after part update.

(...) Take a look at the Manual Install directions on ldraw.org: (URL) ldraw027.exe will overwrite a number of parts with older versions, so after you install the ldraw027.exe file, you will need to re-install complete.exe. Steve (17 years ago, 8-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: Missing primitives after part update.

(...) Thanks Steve. I'm not computer illiterate, but I'n not exactly computer fluent either. I'll try what you've suggested. One question before I do though: If parts from older versions are overwritten and I reinstall complete.exe, will it (...) (17 years ago, 8-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: Missing primitives after part update.

(...) Well, I finished the model I was working on and tried your suggestion. After completing the manual download instructions I tried to download a part that I tried unsuccessfully to download a while back. Unfortunately I still have the same (...) (17 years ago, 10-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: Missing primitives after part update.

(...) Hello William, Would you be using unofficial parts (or models using them)? In that case you are also missing unofficial primitives. One radical solution is to download the whole set of unofficial files here: (URL) doing so, be sure to read (...) (17 years ago, 10-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: Missing primitives after part update.

(...) Not long ago, I had the same problem. Try this: - Make sure that the downloaded subfiles are in the correct directories: some subparts belong to "\PARTS", while other subparts belong to "\PARTS\S" and so on. - After each download, run "Scan (...) (17 years ago, 10-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: Missing primitives after part update.

(...) I'm not exactly sure how to make sure the parts are in the correct directories. As for the "Scan Parts" command I have run that multiple times.What happens is that MLCAD will say a file can not be found but when I search the file is indeed in (...) (17 years ago, 20-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: Missing primitives after part update.

(...) It sounds like you've ended up with files in the wrong folders, and it doesn't matter how many times you run the Scan command, since MLCad has no idea which files should be where. It just assumes you placed them correctly, and updates its own (...) (17 years ago, 20-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: Missing primitives after part update.

(...) If you want it to find parts in the Models directory, the MLCad.ini in the following zip will probably make that work: (URL) the MLCad.ini file from the zip into your main MLCad directory (in Program Files by default). If you already have an (...) (17 years ago, 20-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: Missing primitives after part update.

(...) a tutorial how to customize the MLCad.ini file with a spot on the scan of unofficial folders can be found here: (URL) w. (17 years ago, 20-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: Missing primitives after part update.

(...) Thanks Travis. I tried your first suggestion with no success. As for your second, I already have LDView. It seems like several people have had the same problem. What about uninstalling the whole LDraw package and then reinstalling? How do I go (...) (17 years ago, 20-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: Missing primitives after part update.

(...) It sounds like maybe the LDraw directory you have selected in MLCad isn't your real LDraw directory. Go into MLCad and check where it thinks the LDraw directory is (Settings->General->......->LDraw base path). If that differs from where you (...) (17 years ago, 20-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: Missing primitives after part update.

(...) My base path is C:\LDraw. I don't know what else it would be. As for your suggestion, how would I go about that? Thank you so much for your patience -Bill. (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: Missing primitives after part update.

(...) I don't understand your question. How would you go about doing what? And while you might not know what else the MLCad base path would be, your description of the problem makes it sound like MLCad has to be looking for parts in some other (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)