 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4486
Re: Ribbed hose with LSynth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 22:44:55 GMT

Hi Jaco,
  I don;t think that LSynth can make a hose that short due to some
subtleties in the splining algorithm.  For straight line hoses, you have
direct control over length, by the placement of the contrainst as you have done.

  Sorry.

Kevin

In lugnet.cad, Jaco van der Molen writes:
Hi all,

How do I synthesize a ribbed hose with the length of two?
So that it will fit between the two bushes, I thought something like this:

0
1 0 0 0 30 0 1 0 0 0 -1 -1 0 0 32073.DAT
1 7 0 0 0 0 -1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 3713.DAT
1 7 0 0 60 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 -1 3713.DAT
0 WRITE SYNTH BEGIN RIBBED_HOSE 1
1 2 0 0 45 0 0 -1 -1 0 0 0 1 0 LS00.DAT
1 2 0 0 22 0 0 -1 -1 0 0 0 1 0 LS00.DAT
0 WRITE SYNTH END
0

But that does not work. It generates a too short hose with segments in each
other.
Perhaps we should consider creating straight hoses with the length of 2, 3,
4, 5, etc. and make them official parts.
For bending use LSynth...

Any thoughts?

Jaco