 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4220
Re: lunar baseplate?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 18:10:53 GMT

I can't seem to find the lunar baseplate. Can anyone help me?

you won't find it, 'cos I haven't submitted it yet. the plate is still
under development and will not be released before the end of
september.

the refinement of the end-sections and the joints:

http://space.tin.it/io/wtschage/Craters_7.gif - (36 KB)

was trickier than I thought. I experimented with 3d-poligons and
metaballs but the result was not satisfying. finally I used
bezier-curves, which worked pretty, well:

http://space.tin.it/io/wtschage/Craters_8.gif - (63 KB)

but they slowed the hole process down, 'cos I haven't used
them before. it took a while to get familiar with thier behaviour.
the bezier-curves you see are just for reference. as soon as I get
ready the last one (you can see it in the background) I'll start
refining the plate, and believe me, there is still a lot to do:

http://space.tin.it/io/wtschage/Craters_9.gif - (49 KB)

please be patient, willy