 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 1298
1297  |  1299
Subject:
eliminating polygons?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 07:33:11 GMT

Hi,
I was just wondering,
Does a utility exist (either for .Dat or .Dxf or .Pov) that automatically
eliminates all polygons that are not visible?
I thought this might cut rendering time in POVray, and I'm trying to export
*.dat files to other platforms so that I might create a game or simulation.
Reducing the number of polygons would make this feasable.

Also, any tips that you might have on reducing the number of polygons
manually would be appreciated.  LDraw parts have such great shapes, but
they're such render-hogs!

Thanks!

Please email responses to mikehorvath@juno.com

Mike Horvath