 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 1130
Subject:
9v train motor - 590.dat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 20:53:19 GMT

Has anyone noticed that the hooks/pegs on the front and the back of the
motor aren't where they're supposed to be?  Or is that the height of the
motor is too tall.

My issues below deal with the 9v train motor that came with my 3225 classic
train.

I've attached a 1x4 plate to the front hooks.  I then put a 1x6 brick on top
of that.  The top of the 1x6 brick is then flush with the top of the train
motor (excluding the bogie plate).  The 590.dat file I have seems to be
different.  It takes two 1x4 plates underneath the 1x6 brick to make it
flush with the top of the motor.

Am I missing something?  Has there been an update that I'm not aware of?

Thanks for your time.

Ryan

Re: 9v train motor - 590.dat
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Ryan J. Schave wrote:
   Has anyone noticed that the hooks/pegs on the front and the back of the motor aren’t where they’re supposed to be? Or is that the height of the motor is too tall.

My issues below deal with the 9v train motor that came with my 3225 classic train.

I’ve attached a 1x4 plate to the front hooks. I then put a 1x6 brick on top of that. The top of the 1x6 brick is then flush with the top of the train motor (excluding the bogie plate). The 590.dat file I have seems to be different. It takes two 1x4 plates underneath the 1x6 brick to make it flush with the top of the motor.

Hi Ryan,

I just saw that your posting is 4 years old. And during all this time noone has ever fixed this bug in 590.dat And I’m sure it is a bug! Here is a picture that shows what is wrong with this part:

I hope that after all this time a fix can be applied for future generations ;-) The dimensions of the 9 V motor are definetly wrong.

Greetings

Sven

Re: 9v train motor - 590.dat
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Sven Reger wrote:
[...]

Also, I notice the technic pin on the bogie plate is shorter than it should be - the dat file has it as 12 LDU tall when I measure the actual pin to be 14 LDU tall. I think Ryan may have been alluding to this when he talked about the height being incorrect.

Could there be more than one version of the 9V train motor?

Mark

Re: 9v train motor - 590.dat
I have included Anton Raves POV-code in to my 590 file. See the difference
here:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=657625 (LDraw)

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=657626 (Raves)

Jeroen