 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 1746
1745  |  1747
Subject:
Ldraw alphabet MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 19:05:29 GMT

Here is a set of characters I built in MLCad, based on a TrueType font
called TPF Display.

There are uppercase and lowercase letters, numerals, and most punctuation
marks.  I modeled it as if you (one?) were are actually going to build the
letter tiles, so everything should hold together if you actually try.  I had
more in mind of something that could be used on a "virtual display stand."

I have included 1x1 round plates pre-colored in other colors besides yellow.
All you have to do to make a red font, for example, is pull the file into
your favorite word processor, run a search for 4073.dat and replace it with
reddot.dat, and save the file as an MPD.

Anyway, hope someone can make use of this...  I did it as a "can it be done"
exercise in MLCad.  Now I've got to go back in and save the individual
character "dot sets" so they can be kerned together and make words look
better.  And add some rotation to some of the dots, so when run thru L3P and
POV-ray, the LEGO logos on the studs aren't all the same... Next Christmas
break, maybe.

Happy New Year,
James Wilson,
Dallas, TX