 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 1336
Re: How to Change Views???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 02:50:05 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.models, Jeremy Spin writes:

ldraw mymodel.dat -a1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1

What the other codes for rear, back, 3D views, & top

-Jeremy

These are codes are useful for LDraw Add-On, to add to the ldraw.ini file.
To use one of these directly on the commadline in LDraw, prefix the letter
"-a" on it.

For example: the first one "Back" would be -a-1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,-1
Back=-1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,-1
Left=0,0,1,0,1,0,-1,0,0
Right=0,0,-1,0,1,0,1,0,0
Above=0,0,1,1,0,0,0,1,0
Beneath=0,0,1,-1,0,0,0,-1,0
Oblique=1,0,1,0.5,1,-0.5,-1,0,1
Front=1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1
UpsideDown=-1,0,1,-0.5,-1,-0.5,1,0,0
Natural=0.625,0,1.075,0.5375,1.25,-0.3125,-1.25,0,2.5
Above Back=-1,0,0,0,0.7,0.7,0,0.7,-0.7
Above Front=1,0,0,0,0.7,-0.7,0,0.7,0.7
Above Front Low=1,0,0,0,1,-0.3,0,0.3,1
Above Left=0,0,1,0.7,0.7,0,-0.7,0.7,0
Above NE=1,0,-1,-0.5,1,-0.5,1,0,1
Above NW=1,0,1,0.5,1,-0.5,-1,0,1
Above Right=0,0,-1,-0.7,0.7,0,0.7,0.7,0
Above SE=-1,0,-1,-0.5,1,0.5,1,0,-1
Above SW=-1,0,1,0.5,1,0.5,-1,0,-1
NW=0.7,0,0.7,0,1,0,-0.7,0,0.7
NE=0.7,0,-0.7,0,1,0,0.7,0,0.7
SW=-0.7,0,0.7,0,1,0,-0.7,0,-0.7
SE=-0.7,0,-0.7,0,1,0,0.7,0,-0.7
Under Back=-1,0,0,0,0.7,-0.7,0,0.7,0.7
Under Front=1,0,0,0,0.7,0.7,0,0.7,0.7
Under Front Low=1,0,0,0,1,0.3,0,0.3,1
Under Left=0,0,1,-0.7,0.7,0,-0.7,0.7,0
Under NE=1,0,-1,0.5,1,0.5,1,0,1
Under NW=1,0,1,-0.5,1,0.5,-1,0,1
Under Right=0,0,-1,0.7,0.7,0,0.7,0.7,0
Under SE=-1,0,-1,0.5,1,-0.5,1,0,-1
Under SW=-1,0,1,-0.5,1,-0.5,-1,0,-1
UpsideDown=-1,0,1,-0.5,-1,-0.5,1,0,0

I would also strongly suggest getting any (better yet, all) of the Win9x
compatible viewing programs if you Win9x installed - LDLite, L3Lab, or
LDView (LDView only if you have an OpenGL-compatible system).
If you only have Win3 or DOS, I would suggest getting LDraw Launcher. You
can add the custom views to its .ini file and save yourself a lot of
commandline typing to launch LDraw.

-- Terry K --