 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 1080
  New minifig-scale anthromorphic lifter/loader  [DAT]

Hey all, Here's another attempt to recreate the lifter/loader from the movie _Aliens_. While it's still quite a bit off in many areas, it's the closest I've come yet. LMKWYT! Cheers, - jsproat 0 FILE walklift.dat 0 1 0 0 -45 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: New minifig-scale anthromorphic lifter/loader

(...) Knifty little loader sproater (HEY THAT RYMES!)wheres the large alien to go with the scene or a minifig look-alike from the movie JK good model. I like how all extremities has full movement,but shouldnt that fig have a hardhat on? (you wouldnt (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: New minifig-scale anthromorphic lifter/loader

(...) looks pretty good, sproat. as always, you've got a knack for models that look simple on first glance but pack subtle, well-thought details. will this model appear on your page in the future or is it just a fun project? how about the podracer (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: New minifig-scale anthromorphic lifter/loader

(...) Definitely will. But I'm trying to decide if I want to add it to Her Majesty's Secret Death Squad (yawn) or if I want to start a new series, or if it's a stand-alone model. That, and I need to throw together a few props to go with it... (...) (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: New minifig-scale anthromorphic lifter/loader

Very, very nice, Jeremy. Now all you need is to make company that sells your line of loader/lifter. Call "Sproat Loaders Inc." or something like that. Keep up the good work! (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: New minifig-scale anthromorphic lifter/loader

(...) Hmmm... I could branch out, too, into "Sproat Lifters" and "Sproat Freight" and "Sproat Dozers"...actually, that last one is me in accounting class. ;-) Cheers, - jsproat (24 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: New minifig-scale anthromorphic lifter/loader

Please note some color problems with the claws when rendering this model in POV. See this article and be careful out there. (URL) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: New minifig-scale anthromorphic lifter/loader

(...) color 16 or 24; thanks for catching this for me. Cheers, - jsproat (24 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: New minifig-scale anthromorphic lifter/loader

(...) I really liked this model. I chose a camera angle from directly in front, and low. It looks great with the claws coming out at you. (URL) (58K) So what happens to the decals? Why don't they show up when rendering in POV? -Chuck (24 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: New minifig-scale anthromorphic lifter/loader

(...) Cool! :-, (...) Not so sure. That's interesting...some of the patterns stayed, but the tile on the (your) right-hand side is gone... Cheers, - jsproat (24 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: New minifig-scale anthromorphic lifter/loader

(...) The patterns that didn't show up are (incorrectly) made up of lines instead of polygons. L3P can't distinguish between edge lines and pattern lines, so it leaves them out altogether. Someone really should fix all the patterns which use lines. (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New minifig-scale anthromorphic lifter/loader

(...) First step is to make a list of parts to redo. Then we need to know if the lines are about one LDU thick. Then I can volunteer on some parts - and hopefully some more? /Tore (24 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New minifig-scale anthromorphic lifter/loader

(...) Don't forget to put the car wash brush on that list. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New minifig-scale anthromorphic lifter/loader

(...) --Todd (24 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New minifig-scale anthromorphic lifter/loader

No, definitely not! IMO, Jonathan responded totally on-topic to my message, (with capitals and apostrophes perfectly in place). He pointed out that not only some printed patterns, but also the 2473 car wash brush contains "2 24..." lines that l3p (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New minifig-scale anthromorphic lifter/loader

(...) Please beware that there are genuine reasons for having lines in patterns so long as they are hidden within polygons - so don't assume that any patterned part with a type 2 line is in error. This technique helps to prevent the pattern (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)