 CAD / 9631
9630  |  9632
Subject:
Lego colors measured using a Pantone spectrometer...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 22:29:13 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi everyone,

Part of my real work involves worrying about color matching for print and
screen. My company recently bought a Pantone Color Cue device which does
exact color matching by simply placing the device over the item to match and
press the button.

I thought it would be interesting to measure the color values of each color
Lego bricks in my collection and so that's exactly what I did!

You can find the results of my playing on my new color guide page at;
http://www.britdogmodels.com/Misc/LegoColors/default.aspx

Colors are given in Pantone coated, HTML, RGB and CMYK.

There were a few surprises along the way, the biggest one being that Lego
white isn't actually pure white, but has a 6% black tint.

You can use the information on this page for anything you like - if you have
your own color guide then you are more than welcome to add the color values
I have identified to it.

Hope you find it useful!

Richard.